Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 10 of 26

This last week was more of the same: cool weather, some snow, walks mostly on roads. I have been walking with the inserts in my shoes and boots, and went an ENTIRE WEEK without any new blisters (the old ones are still with me, sad to say). I am not feeling any real improvement. I still get out of breath going up hills and the boots still feel pretty heavy, although maybe a tad lighter than last month. I have tried to be more faithful to the pilates and have started adding new moves and more reps. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. I am still quite worried about doing this.

The week:

May 17: Golf got snowed out after 7 holes. Did Pilates
May 18: 7.8 miles at 6000 feet (they removed the porta-potty that added the .4 miles of additional motivation in earlier walks)
May 19: Pilates
May 20: 6 miles at 7940-8911 feet, and another 4.5 at 6000 feet in the new boots
May 21: 3 miles hike up Ophir Creek. Had to turn around at swift stream (no crossing)
May 22: Pilates
May 23: 6.9 miles at 6000 feet

Total miles: 28.2

Below: (1) Hiking up Ophir Creek, (2) My backyard on May 22, (3) The view of Lake Tahoe from where I park the car for the 8000-9000 foot walk





No comments:

Post a Comment