This week, I decided that doing the entire Jones/Whites loop was not totally productive. We found a cutoff near the bottom that eliminates .5 mile of boring nothing, but it's still 7 miles downhill which only batters my feet. So I decided to go up the steep 2.5 miles at the beginning and then just come back down again. If I do this one time, I have strength left for pilates later in the day. I tried doing it twice one day and my right foot was so sore I could hardly walk. Have to pay Ryan another visit! It kind of amazes me that it doesn't toughen up, but it is just always sore and swollen.
Several things have to happen in the next two months:
1. I need to start adding weight to my new pack (Got an REI Venturi women's medium 30 liter pack and I love it!!). I need to put together a plan to increase to 30 pound or thereabouts by the final two weeks.
2. I need to increase time on my feet in the mountains to 8-10 hours a day. HOW this can happen is a mystery, as after 10 miles my right foot is so sore I limp for the next two days.
3. I need to string a couple of long days together in a given week. Another mystery, see #2.
4. We need to move this party to higher elevations.
This week:
July 5: 9.5 miles, Jones/Whites loop with cutoff (5 hrs, 10 minutes)
July 6: Nothing
July 7: 5 miles, Jones up (2 hrs) and down (1.5 hr). Pilates in PM
July 8: 5 miles, Jones up (1 hr 40 min) and down (1.5 hr).
July 9: Pilates
July 10: 5 miles, Jones up (1 hr 32 min) and down. 5 Miles Jones up (1 hr 50 min) and down.
July 11: Pilates
Total mileage for week: 29.5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment