Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 18 of 26

This has been a painful week. I talked to Ryan at the Shoes N Feet store again and he tried a different insert for my right foot. It made absolutely no difference, and by the end of the week I could hardly walk. I started to suspect the boots and tried my old Merrill trail shoes, and the problem was worse.

On the plus side, I walked up the highest mountain around here, Mt Rose, twice this week (yeah, no wonder I can't walk). Some pictures from the first time are attached below. The weather has been quite warm, and this hike is cool: it goes from 8940 feet to 10,776 feet. I wish I could do it 3-4 times a week, but the foot just won't permit it.

This week:

July 12: 5 miles, up Jones Creek and down (3 hours)
July 13: Pilates
July 14: Nothing
July 15: 10.6 miles up Mt Rose and down (6 hours and 10 minutes)
July 16: Pilates
July 17: 5.2 miles on road in sneakers
July 18: 10.6 miles up Mt Rose and down (5 hours and 50 minutes)

Total for week 18: 31.3 miles

(1) The three of us at the waterfall halfway up Mt Rose (2) The trail near the top (3) From the top, view of Reno to the north (4) The three of us at the top
(5) From the top, view of Lake Tahoe to the southwest









No comments:

Post a Comment