This week was pretty much a bummer. My foot continues to be a pain, and I got a new solution from Ryan. He tore out the metatarsal pad and put a different pad under the rightmost three toes, to try to shift the weight over the sore joint and onto the big toe joint. The major effect of THAT was to cause a big blister on my heel. So, both to let the blister heal up, and to try to rest the foot and see if this new solution will work, I spent the week on the streets around my house instead of on mountain trails. I am also trying ibuprofen every 6 hours or so, to see if that will bring down the inflammation and swelling. No such luck so far. Somebody told me about another foot guy over in Truckee, so I think I'll pay him a visit this week. Other folks have said I should see a podiatrist, but I am leery of them after what that guy in San Jose did to my left foot. I am beginning to be resigned to just eating a lot of pain pills.
This week:
July 19: 4.5 miles on street, extra 10 pounds in pack
July 20: Pilates
July 21: 5.2 miles on road, no extra weight
July 22: Pilates
July 23: 5.2 miles on street, no extra weight
July 24: 5.2 miles on Street, now in sneakers
July 25: 5.2 miles on street, sneakers
Total for this week: 25.3 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment